Monday, April 7, 2014

First Day at Exuma Park

We had a great sail from Black Point to Wardrick Wells on the Banks.  I think this sail was what everyone dreams of or thinks that we have been doing while cruising.   I can honestly say that this was our first sail in turquoise water.   The water color was stunning.   We had good winds from the right direction, the seas were calm and I was able to go below and make lunch etc.   What a treat to be able to get out of the sun and be productive.  Our sail was about 5 hours and it was fun.   There were other boats out on the bank and it kinda reminded us of the Chesapeake seeing all the sails up.  (Minus the water color)

Exuma Park


One of the sand bar views


The sand was like powder.  Doesn't this look like snow?   It was so white



Sunset the first night


Ainulindale sitting between two sand bars.   It was so cool.


I walked the sand bars and had a blast.   Not sure what this was but I saw quite a few and decided it was interesting enough to take a pic.  Actually I took a bunch.



Sand bars with a rock ledge.   All this was under water when we arrived.



I love the patterns the waves make in the sand



Check out the  different water colors.   They show the depth differences.


Kirk was resting in the dingy (actually he was checking the anchor) after he came to pick me up while i was still "exploring"  I had so much fun.


Kirk could not resist and joined me.


Some little critter made these tracks and then reburied I guess.



Never did figure out what these were or how they got there.   They were like little sand castles that would crumble if you touched them.   On our second day, we did not take a camera but went to a different bar that came out from an island and saw tons of conch and olives and sand dollars and on and on.   These sand bars were some kind of cool.   We were so lucky to be there on a new moon.



1 comment:

  1. OMG I AM SPEECHLESS !!! This place is like UNBELIEVABLE. How can water & sand like this actually exist?

    ReplyDelete