Thursday, October 3, 2013

Life Continues

Life here in Grenada continues to be an adventure.   Maybe it is living on a boat, maybe it is the different culture, at any rate it certainly is interesting.   Kirk continues to constantly fix things.   One project leads to 3 others.   Leaks have been found and patches figured out.  Engines are serviced.  The list goes on and on.  The bottom of the boat looks like a forest is growing.   It is a pain to scrape cause these little shrimp get all over you and they bite.  yuk   I continue to clean the sugar scoops as they get filled with sea life in about 5 days.   

 Kirk asked me on a Tuesday if I thought he should go home for niece Ashley Benefiel's wedding as the weather was not threatening. Of course I said yes.  We contacted Keith and Janine and were given the YES, please come and so on Thursday morning after moving the boat into the marina at Secret Harbor, Kirk boarded the plane to head home.  So that meant I was by myself in the marina.  Although I did miss Kirk,  what fun I had with the girls.  

Kirk reported that the wedding was lovely and he so enjoyed seeing family and friends.   His visit was short and sweet as he was back on Sunday.

Lots of work was accomplished when he was gone as I did not have to stop and cook.   So I had a holiday also.



This is my way (cruisers) of ironing curtains. The clothes pins hold the folds.  They turned out fabulous and they are CLEAN!!!  So happy about that.  Found lots of surprises under the curtains and sooo much dirt and mold.   I had a big time cleaning away.   It was also a challenge to figure out the best way to hang the curtains on the life lines without getting marks on them.   By the time I had washed all of them I had it figured out.



More ironing    hahahah


We have met Scott and Paula on Scherzo.  They have a dog named Jack.  I also dog sat for Jack when Kirk was away and Scott and Paula went to the hash.   Here he is being a watch dog.   He is all jack russell terrier.   A personality I have not really experienced before.  He is a pistol and loves Kirk.  More pics of that to follow in next blog post.



The girls having girl time.   We usually have it noodling in the afternoon.  We made skinny girl margaritas !!



Who could refuse this face?  

The following weekend I flew to Tampa, Florida to meet MaryJane and Dorothy for the memorial service for their dad.   It was fantastic to see them and their families, so sorry it was was not under better circumstances.   We made the best of a sad situation.

We continue to monitor the wind gen and solar panels.  When Kirk was gone I shut down the freezer as it is just a power hog.  We are once again buying ice and using the cooler.

Am getting excited for visitors Messicks and Trettins coming in one month   Yea!!!!!


1 comment: