Sunday, September 8, 2013

Changes

About a week ago we moved the boat to Woburn Bay or Clarks Court Bay.  We did this for 2 reasons.  One is that we are real close to Whisper Cove Marina which is our favorite place and two for easy access for the mechanics that were scheduled to work on the boat.  It is a more open anchorage so is more rolly which is not my favorite but such is life.   There is good access to a bakery so Kirk is happy with that.





View looking out towards the ocean.  Calivginy Island is on the left.   From what I understand it is a most exclusive island resort.  We will try to anchor near there sometime I hope.  





Ok, so here is some fruit I got from the lady who brings organic produce from the farms up in the mountains.  (not too far away)   The big yellow/orange is a coconut that you use for coconut water.   I have sampled some prior in the town market (Andrew tried one also when they were here) but the ones in the market are green.   From what i was told these are the better ones.   I have enjoyed 3 of them so far.   I still have 3 more.   I have been saving them. To get the juice you have poke a hole in one side and then the other and it will pour out just like we used to open cans in the old days!!!!  Kirk is not real wild about them on the boat, but he is being a good sport.   The little green and yellow fruit on the branch are called plums.   I never did acquire the taste for them.   The yellow/green (look kinda like a mango) on the plate with the coconut were like an apple/pear fruit.  They did not do much for me either.  I also got some limes and spices.  Is fun to try new stuff.


Steffen is making a template for our new corian counter top.   

More to come in next blog post


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing your new countertops, I know how very excited you are!

    ReplyDelete