Friday, August 2, 2013

Catch up


Back to Greneda

I flew back to Greneda on July 12th.   Kirk came back on June 24th.  We had a great time in Maryland seeing everyone.   Thanks to all who hosted, invited, went out with, spent time with, laughed etc with us.  We so enjoyed ourselves.

Sarah and Nathan had a lovely wedding.  The wedding weekend was great.  The bride of course was most beautiful.  It was great to see family and friends and meet new family and friends.  Thanks to our long distance friends who came.  So special.

It is also great to be back in Grenada.  We stayed in Port Louie Marina for a few days while I got my bearings back.   Kirk was most anxious to get “back on the hook” after being in the marina for a few weeks without me. 

We have met new friends, rekindled friendships with people we met last year and been in 3 anchorages since we left the marina a little over 2 weeks ago.  Kirk has been monitoring the weather coming off of Africa and so far so good.   This morning he reported that things might heat up after August 11th.   We shall see.

We have been busy making windscoops for the deck top hatches and also for the hatches that let air into the rear salon.   The trick is to force the air in and keep the rain out.   Very tricky indeed.   I made us a bag specifically to carry the big bags of ice out of a thick insulated material I brought with us.  The ice can melt pretty durn fast in this blazing hot sun.  I plan on making a bag out of sail cloth (thank you Christian) for the “new to us” fins I bought from a fellow cruiser and also some shopping bags.   If I get good enough at it, I might even give them as gifts to fellow cruisers.    Elizabeth had made  sail cloth shopping bags and given them as Christmas presents a few years back and they have been our favorite bags when we go to the grocery.



Christian on his steel horse



Our buddies at home



The three stooges?  No my best buds at home




Kel and Andrew's Lewis  My 2nd granddog  love him



The beautiful bride to be at shower hosted by Kel




Elizabeth on her horse at a horse trial   fun day




The hobbit house back in Grenada.  Can you see the green roof?

More pics in next post!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Glad you are posting again! I read this during my lunch break today and it brought joy to my otherwise stressful day.

    Love the pics. Get some of the sea turtles for me!!!

    ReplyDelete