Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April 3, 2012

So this morning we got a lesson on fishing from the locals.  There were 3 guys in a maybe 15 foot boat.  Two elderly gents and one younger one.   They came into the anchorage and the one older one got in the water while the other older one showed the younger one how to hold the nets, set the nets, bring in the nets.  It was fascinating to watch.  I said to kirk I bet they have fished this way for hundreds of years. 

 

We picked up anchor cause it was going to be a scorcher hot today with not much breeze and we SAILED  yes we SAILED around Norman island.  Out in the ocean which was flat calm.  We did have to motor some but we did get to sail.  Actually kirk sailed and I fished.  And I fished and I fished.  But I did not catch.  Bummer   we were hoping for fish for dinner.  So when the wind completely died. We fired up the engines, pulled in the fishing lines and headed for cooper island.  Went ashore there and they were as snotty as the last time we went there 8 years ago.  So up and away we went across Sir Francis Drake Channel to Marina Cay.

 

Now the fun begins.   We went ashore to check the menu which agreed with us both and then went to the bar and ordered  birthday bushwackers.   They were huge in these big tall fancy curvy glasses.  If you drank two I think you would not be walking very well out of there.  We sat in the outside corner of the bar looking out over the reef, feeling the breeze.

 

Two recent quotes from kirk

 

The other day  -  blackbeards ale, cheezits and a good breeze   as good as it gets

 

Todays sitting in the bar was  -  Now this really does not suck

 

He is happy.

 

Once again the fish are jumping all around me but not on my bait!

 

Where is uncle jay when you need him?  Or paw paw for that matter.


2 comments:

  1. I'll be sending you some new (trolling) lures soon!

    -Nathan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha.... I want to be able to use that quote - "Now this really does not suck" I could use a little of that right now. Man would i LOVE to see that water that u describe. it sounds like true paradise!

    ReplyDelete