Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Anegada


Anegada

Saturday - We had a great sail over to Anegada.  I think Kirk was the happiest I have seen him.  We had a lovely dinner on shore.  Way too expensive.

Easter Sunday -   We went into Pam’s Kitchen early.  She was busy making hot cross buns, cinnamon buns and what she called Easter babies which were cooked bread in the shape of a baby with a hard boiled egg in the head with a face drawn on it.  We waited for the cinnamon buns to come out of the oven.   Watching her roll out French bread, make brownies etc.  and the smell   oh soooooo good.  Kirk was in heaven when his cinnamon bun was finally ready.

Kirk had set up for us to rent a car to tour the island and we had a blast.  Saw all kinds of wildlife. Met interesting people at cow wreck beach and just marveled at the desert like setting, barren and rugged.  The roads in some places were just rocky, rutty, paths.  At one point we took a wrong turn and ended up in the salt flats which we were warned not to go to as you get stuck.

Monday -  We sailed back to Jost Van Dyke.  Was a glorious sail.  I fished and caught a barracuda.  Durn.

We had a most interesting night.  We went to Corsair’s for dinner as kirk heard they had really good pizza.  That was after two bananwackers at foxy’s , actually I had two drinks, kirk only one and my second was a BBC which was desert in a cup.  At Corsair’s we talked to Vinny (I could write a whole blog post of him and the bar)  the owner and bartender.   He called the local nurse practioner who runs the clinic and he  came down to the bar and confirmed that my foot problem is tendonitis. Yuk.    We also met the man that JB Osborne worked for years ago.  Was another one of those times where the world gets smaller and you meet people that are extraordinary and go out of their way for you. 

I think that is the best part of this trip.  It has been the people you meet and the cultures you experience. 

I believe we are off to the other side due to weather.  Hope
we can sail.



 
Leaving Virgin Gorda.  you can barely see the reef we anchored behind.  there are boats located there in the picture.




Loblolly beach 




Kirk being bartender at Cow Wreck Beach




Silly Crab at Cow Wreck.  I think he is a hermit crab and he outgrew his shell and was along the shore line.  Kirk took a bunch of pictures of him.  I watched him and laughed out loud.  His eyes would bug out and he would put down all his legs to stop when a wave was taking him back out to sea.
  Sometimes he just got rolled over.  I decided that I was relaxed as I laughed out loud at his antics














Wild bulls by cow wreck.   They are all over the island.  The guy we rented the car from said that some of the island people eat them.  He does not.  He does however eat the wild goats.  we also saw burros or donkeys.  they did not like their pictures taken.  we did see the flamingos   i hope the post with that picture works.

1 comment:

  1. O M G you are killing me with these pictures and blogs!!!! Sounds ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS!!! And I LOVE "Sir Island Kirk" Man....jealous.

    ReplyDelete